The Prostate Cancer Research Institute mission is to improve the quality of men’s lives by supporting research and disseminating information that educates and empowers patients, families and the medical community.
PCRI strives to:
- Empower patients with knowledge of the most effective known treatment options that limit the risks of complications and side effects.
- Encourage physicians to stay medically current and help them access and actively engage with top experts in the field.
- Provide information based upon peer-reviewed medical research, literature, and reputable studies that will enable the patient to knowledgeably participate with his health care team in developing the best individual treatment strategy.
- Support research that can most immediately improve patient outcomes.
- Advocate treatment options based on the biologic manifestations of the cancer, the patient’s overall health, and the outcomes desired by the patient.
- Educate through conferences, seminars, HelpLine, website, newsletters, brochures and other publications, the latest tools and updates that may immediately benefit patients and physicians willing to explore advances available to treat prostate cancer.
- Involve patient families and loved ones in the treatment plans.
- Share with other Prostate Cancer organizations and support groups information and opportunities to coordinate efforts and to support fellow organization’s progress in fighting the disease and its effects upon men and their families.
- Promote Prostate Cancer Awareness and annual testing of all men over forty.
PCRI is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit education and research organization that advances awareness and monitoring of ever-expanding and evolving treatments available to improve outcomes for prostate cancer patients. The Federal Tax ID # is 95-4617875 and qualifies for maximum charitable gift deductions by individual donors. The website is www.pcri.org